Tuesday 8 October 2013

Pokemon X and Y : Preview Part 2

Hey fellow Poke-nerds.  I have seen new footage of the game and I have also found a pretty swell video made by MunchingOrange which pretty much shows some of the other things I have explained in my previous post as well as some other points.  Just watch the video below and I'll give my take on each topics to the best of my interests.



The New Pokemon- Yea, I have to agree. When playing a new Pokemon game, one definitely looks forward to seeing and catching all the new Pokemon Game Freak has thought up. The new typing (Fairy), like I mentioned in my previous post will add a well needed paradigm shift to a game that has remained arguably the same since Gen 2. While some people seem to be disappointed with the design of some the Pokemon, I am sitting on the fence with this one ( I neither hate or love them). I will just have to see the new generation of the Pokemon as a whole before placing my decision to whether this generation of Pokemon are aesthetically pleasing or butt ugly.

Mega Evolution - I have already touched on this topic in the my previous post so I won't ramble much about it here. What I will say though, is that after some reflection, the Mega Evolution seems to greatly resemble the Digimon formula of evolving ( Pokemon Black and White actually had a very Digimon-esque evolution style with the fusion of Zekrom or Reshiram with Kyurem). I may be wrong but that is the vibe I seem to be getting from the footage I'm seeing.

Customizing Characters - Not too much of a fan of this aspect. Then again this is coming from a person who cannot get past the the character customization screen in Skyrim. While it is a great incentive for gamers to be able to customizing his or her character to their own unique taste, I will not be dabbling much into this feature. I'd rather a Plain Jane than a Lady Gaga any day of the week. Skin colour and clothing accessories will be among the things players can change about their Pokemon trainer avatar. Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if fashion shows would be included in the game :P.

The Feel/ Layout of the Game - Beautifully done, however I must say it reminds of Digimon once again. Ever played Digimon World 1 and Digimon World 3. It looks and sounds pretty similar, which has gotten me a bit worried. While I do understand that the game is a reboot for the series, I guess I have gotten used to the feel of the old games. Once again, I hope to be proven wrong as I extrapolating data from recorded footage.

X and Y seems to be the most hyped Pokemon game in a long time. In fact I drifted out of the Pokemon franchise after Ruby and Sapphire. In my humble opinion, none of the Pokemon games has ever come close to topping the 2nd generation (Gold and Silver). However, I do hope X and Y will set the record straight and remind of my childhood bliss once again.

This has been Alex Plum reminding you that Pokemon X and Y is only days away. Carpe Diem Poke-nerds :).




No comments:

Post a Comment